Take In Time: 7:08 AM
Dismissal Time: 2:30 PM
Mr. Marlon A. Firle
July 15, 2020
July 16, 2020
July 20, 2020
July 21, 2020
Monday - Friday
3 PM - 8 PM
Option 1: Technical Assistance
Join the Student and Parent Orientation Group in Schoology:
Group Code: 33BB-5VB5-GVZF3
Click Groups; then My Groups. Join this Group. Enter code: 33BB-5VB5-GVZF3
Join the MGM Group in Schoology:
Group Code: 592N-4GGK-VXS4C
Click Groups; then My Groups. Join this Group. Enter code: 592N-4GGK-VXS4C
Check to see if anyone else is logged into Google (upper-right). If so, log them out.
The Alabama Broadband Connectivity for Students, or ABC for Students, is an initiative from Governor Ivy to provide home internet access to low income families throughout Alabama. MCPSS qualifies as Community Eligibility Provision (CEP) district which allows all of our students to receive both free breakfast and lunch. Based on this determining factor, being a CEP district, vouchers being mailed this week to all students' home addresses in our district. However, the vouchers will ask for households who do not qualify based on income not to submit the voucher to allow the funds to be used for those families in need of internet connectivity. Check your mailbox for the letter below:
In order to more efficiently disseminate school and grade-level announcements, Mary G. Montgomery High School set up a Schoology group for your grade level. During the normal school year, you would hear the announcements each morning read over the intercom and see signs posted on bulletin boards. Due to all the changes we are experiencing this school year, we need a place to share information and announcements with you virtually. This new place is your grade-level Schoology group. Last year we used Google Classroom to share announcements. Since we now use Schoology, we want to make access to your group easier and include it in our Schoology remote learning platform.
Here is what you need to do:
- Log into your Schoology account.
- Click on Groups
- Click on “My Groups” in the upper right corner
- On the right side of your screen you will see “Manage Groups”
- Under “Manage Groups” you should click on “Join a Group”
- Enter YOUR GRADE-LEVEL code to join your grade-level group. You may find it easier to copy the code and paste it into Schoology to eliminate errors.
Make it a habit each day to check the announcements in this group.
It is your responsibility as a student to monitor these announcements and pay attention to details and deadlines. Stay informed!
Sophomore Code - Class Of 2023
Junior Code - Class Of 2022
Senior Code - Class Of 2021
If you have any questions, feel free to email email@example.com. Skol, Vikings!
- Enrollment open to all children four years of age on or before 9/1/20 who are residents of the state of Alabama (children who are eligible for kindergarten are ineligible)
- Enrollees must provide a copy of the child’s birth certificate (submitted directly to the local school/program)
- Enrollees must provide proof of residence – either a current utility bill or copy of a lease or mortgage (submitted directly to the local school/program)
- Public school system pre-k programs may have zoning requirements that determine eligibility to attend a program at a particular school (contact school for information)
- No Registration Fee for this program
- Upon enrollment, child’s immunization record must be provided
- No child will be denied participation on basis of income, sex, race, color, national origin, or disability
- Acceptance is strictly through random drawing to be held on June 30, 2020 at MGM at 9:00 a.m. Parent/Guardian does not have to be present at drawing. Notices will be emailed July 10, 2020.
Call 221-5218 for more information.