MGM Career Academies
If you have questions about our academies or want to schedule a tour, contact our Academy Specialist. You may fill out this form to schedule a tour
8th Grade Applications
For 8th grade students NOT zoned for MGM, but would like to be a part of our Signature Academy, please fill out an application to transfer here https://www.academiesofmobile.com/apply. You can also visit https://www.mgmvikings.com/academyapplication
The Academies of Mary G. Montgomery are designed to provide programs that appeal to all of our students. The academies are designed to provide training in student interest areas that will prepare them for post secondary life. The Signature Academy of MGM is Biomedical Sciences. Students can also select from Academy of Agri-Business, Academy of Business Management, Academy of JROTC, Academy of Hospitality and Tourism, Academy of Engineering Sciences, Academy of Faulkner Career and Technical, and Academy of Fine Arts.
Academies offer students the opportunity to engage in the following:
- Guest Speakers
- Field Visits
- Mock Interviews
- Job Shadowing
MGM Academy Information
- MGM offers career academy options for all our students.
- Students in the 9th grade complete Career Preparedness where they learn about career options to help them choose their academy.
- At the end of their 9th grade year, students will choose their academy and pathway option.
- Students will be enrolled in one class per year of their academy starting in the 10th grade except Faulkner that has a different model.
- At the end of their 10th grade year students can decide whether they want to continue in their current academy or choose another option.
- If students choose another option at the end of their 10th grade year, they will need to complete all the requirements for the new academy during their 11th and 12th grade years.
- Detailed information about course descriptions, options, and other class offerings can be found in the Academic Catalog/Student Planner.
- For questions about academy options or changing academies, please contact Academy Specialist Terra Price at email@example.com or 251-221-3153 ext. 46012