8th Grade Applications for the 2021-2022 School Year
8th Grade Signature Academy Application Timeline
- Application period: November 18th- December 18th. You can apply at https://www.academiesofmobile.com/apply.
- ONLY 8th grade students are allowed to apply. Students can only apply one time!
- The order of school selection matters. If MGM is your first choice, you must select us ad your first pick.
- All information and confirmed dates will be posted at https://www.academiesofmobile.com/dates
- We will not be offering any in person student tours at this time. If you would like to set up a virtual meeting, please contact our Academy Specialist.
What are Academies?
The Academies of MGM High School are designed to provide programs that appeal to all of our students. The academies are designed to provide training in student interest areas that will prepare them for post secondary life. Academies offer students the opportunity to engage with guest speakers, field visits, mock interviews, job shadows, and internships. The Signature Academy of MGM is Biomedical Sciences with 2 pathway options: PLTW Biomedical Science and Sports Medicine. Please check out all 6 academies that include 11 pathway options.
Does every 8th grade student have to apply for Signature Academies of Mobile County?
The application process is designed for students that are interested in attending the Signature Academy of a school. MGM Signature Academy is Academy of Biomedical Sciences. Students that are zoned for MGM are not required to apply for the Signature Academy application process. If you do not live in the MGM zone and are interested in attending MGM for the Signature Academy, then you will need to use the Signature Academy application. Students that live in the MGM zone may attend MGM without an application. They will select the Signature Academy or Academy of their choice during their Freshmen year.
Can a student transfer into MGM under ANY academy?
Students can only transfer into MGM High School through the Signature Academy: Academy of Biomedical Sciences.
How are academies implemented?At the end of the student's freshmen year, they will select an academy of their choice. Each student will be required to take three (3) academy courses throughout their sophomore, junior, and senior years to become a completer. You can see the list of course offered at MGM High School for each of the academy pathways. Throughout the academy courses, students will learn skills and gain hands-on opportunities that pertain tot he specific academy carer fields.