- Enrollment open to all children four years of age on or before 9/1/22 who are residents of the state of Alabama (children who are eligible for kindergarten are ineligible)
The purpose of the uniform policy is to meet the requirements set forth by the Mobile County Public School System. Uniforms are used as a tool to ensure student safety through visual identification. All students are expected to observe basic standards of cleanliness, modesty, pride, good judgement and good grooming. Clothing should fit and be worn appropriately. Student attire considered disruptive to the educational program and/or school environment is not permitted.
- Khaki pants, knee length shorts, skorts, skirts or jumpers (with gym shorts worn underneath), (no khaki jeans or cargo style pants).
- MGM spirit t-shirts may be worn Monday-Friday. Shirts must be MGM club/sport/organization shirts only. **If the shirts are not club, sport or organization t-shirts, they MUST be purchased through the front office. Solid white oxford shirt, white blouse with collar, white, black or Columbia blue polo style shirt with collar, white or black turtleneck shirt
- During winter weather, solid black or white footed-tights may be worn under skirts and jumpers.
- No make-up may be worn.
- Headbands and hair ribbons must be school colors. (Columbia blue, black, white, grey)
- Khaki pants or knee length shorts (no jeans or cargo style pants/shorts)
- Sagging pants, corduroy and jeans are NOT allowed
- MGM spirit t-shirt (provided); Shirts must be MGM club/sport/organization shirts only. **If the shirts are not club, sport or organization t-shirts, they MUST be purchased through the front office. Solid white oxford shirt, white, black or Columbia blue polo style shirt with collar; white or black turtleneck shirt
- Belts should be black or brown (no belt required for elastic waist pants)
- Tennis shoes (canvas or leather) with non-scuff soles (No lights, stacked soles, high heels, in-line skates, high tops, open toe or open heel, crocs/slides/ slippers)
- Velcro preferred, if possible
- Solid white socks
- Only jackets/sweaters/sweatshirts are permitted as outerwear
- Outerwear must be a solid color (grey/black/white/blue/camouflage) OR MGM issued outerwear
- No outerwear or clothing with other school logos are allowed
- Heavy coats or raincoats may be worn, but must be removed once indoors.
- No head coverings (hats, visors, scarfs, bandanas, hoods, etc) are allowed inside the building
- Jewelry worn to school must be limited and cannot cause a distraction. Hairstyle must be neat. No Mohawks or spikes.
- Large, Beginner Pencils- 4 count (Ex: “My First Pencil” Large Ticonderoga)
- Eraser—large, Big Red
- Crayons (recommend set of 24 colors)
- Glue (recommend non-toxic pack of two glue sticks)
- Two Black Expo dry erase markers
- Change of clothes (pants, shirts, socks, and underwear) labeled with your child’s name in a gallon size Zip-lock bag
- 1 pair of headphones (NO EAR BUDS)
- Water bottle (8 oz)
- 1 blanket (NO SLEEPING BAGS NOR PILLOWS)
Shaving Cream (Cheap)
Clear plastic tape
Playdoh – 4 pack