Online pre-registration for the upcoming school year begins January 15th. For assistance accessing the online application, contact a local First Class Pre-K program.
Pre-Registration is open to all children four years of age on 9/1/23* who are residents of Alabama. Children who are eligible to attend kindergarten are not eligible for pre-k.
A copy of the child’s birth certificate must be provided. It may be uploaded into the online pre-registration site or submitted directly to the local First Class Pre-K program.
Proof of residence in Alabama must be provided. It may be uploaded into the online pre- registration site or submitted directly to the local First Class Pre-K program.
Public school system pre-k programs may have zoning requirements that determine eligibility for attending a program at a particular school. Contact the school for attendance zone information.
There is no registration fee for First Class Pre-K programs.
Upon enrollment, a child’s immunization record must be provided to the school or program.
No child will be denied participation on basis of income, sex, race, color, national origin, or disability.
Pre-K Registration Dates: January 15 - March 28.
Acceptance into a First Class Pre-K program is strictly through random selection drawing. Presence at drawing is not required. Email notices of acceptance will be sent in mid-April.
The purpose of the uniform policy is to meet the requirements set forth by the Mobile County Public School System. Uniforms are used as a tool to ensure student safety through visual identification. All students are expected to observe basic standards of cleanliness, modesty, pride, good judgement and good grooming. Clothing should fit and be worn appropriately. Student attire considered disruptive to the educational program and/or school environment is not permitted.
- Khaki pants, knee length shorts, skorts, skirts or jumpers (with gym shorts worn underneath), (no khaki jeans or cargo style pants).
- MGM spirit t-shirts may be worn Monday-Friday. Shirts must be MGM club/sport/organization shirts only. **If the shirts are not club, sport or organization t-shirts, they MUST be purchased through the front office. Solid white oxford shirt, white blouse with collar, white, black or Columbia blue polo style shirt with collar, white or black turtleneck shirt
- During winter weather, solid black or white footed-tights may be worn under skirts and jumpers.
- No make-up may be worn.
- Headbands and hair ribbons must be school colors. (Columbia blue, black, white, grey)
- Khaki pants or knee length shorts (no jeans or cargo style pants/shorts)
- Sagging pants, corduroy and jeans are NOT allowed
- MGM spirit t-shirt (provided); Shirts must be MGM club/sport/organization shirts only. **If the shirts are not club, sport or organization t-shirts, they MUST be purchased through the front office. Solid white oxford shirt, white, black or Columbia blue polo style shirt with collar; white or black turtleneck shirt
- Belts should be black or brown (no belt required for elastic waist pants)
- Tennis shoes (canvas or leather) with non-scuff soles (No lights, stacked soles, high heels, in-line skates, high tops, open toe or open heel, crocs/slides/ slippers)
- Velcro preferred, if possible
- Solid white socks
- Only jackets/sweaters/sweatshirts are permitted as outerwear
- Outerwear must be a solid color (grey/black/white/blue/camouflage) OR MGM issued outerwear
- No outerwear or clothing with other school logos are allowed
- Heavy coats or raincoats may be worn, but must be removed once indoors.
- No head coverings (hats, visors, scarfs, bandanas, hoods, etc) are allowed inside the building
- Jewelry worn to school must be limited and cannot cause a distraction. Hairstyle must be neat. No Mohawks or spikes.
- Large, Beginner Pencils- 4 count (Ex: “My First Pencil” Large Ticonderoga)
- Eraser—large, Big Red
- Crayons (recommend set of 24 colors)
- Glue (recommend non-toxic pack of two glue sticks)
- Two Black Expo dry erase markers
- Change of clothes (pants, shirts, socks, and underwear) labeled with your child’s name in a gallon size Zip-lock bag
- 1 pair of headphones (NO EAR BUDS)
- Water bottle (8 oz)
- 1 blanket (NO SLEEPING BAGS NOR PILLOWS)
Shaving Cream (Cheap)
Clear plastic tape
Playdoh – 4 pack