Sink or Swim 2021
Sink or Swim is a program specifically designed to help MGM freshman begin their Viking voyage and to aid in the transition from middle school to high school. The participants (swimmers) will:
- Familiarize themselves with the school campus.
- Develop friendships with peers.
- Be mentored by upperclassmen (aka Lifeguards).
- Improve teamwork abilities.
- Understand the policies and procedures of MGM.
- Explore extracurricular activities.
- Learn practical tips for success.
- Feel comfortable about beginning high school.
- Have fun!
Students do not have to dress in school uniform; however, they must be dressed appropriately for school. Each student will receive a t-shirt upon check in, and we encourage students to wear this t-shirt throughout the day. Please do not wear tank tops or short shorts. Shorts need to be at least mid-thigh or 3-inch shorts. Shirts and bottoms should not have large holes. Undergarments should not show. Comfortable clothes and shoes are recommended for the day's activities.
Who: Incoming MGM Freshmen Class of 2025
What: Orientation Program
Where: MGM's campus--the event will begin with check-in in the school's auditorium lobby. The auditorium is located by the football field and gym.
When: July 29 Check in begins at 7:30 A.M. The program will begin at 8:00 A.M. and end at 2:30 P.M.
Why: We want our new students to understand what it means to be a Viking and make themselves at home at MGM.
How: Attend by completing the application below.
SPACE IS LIMITED!
Buses will not run for this program. Students must have their own transportation, and MGM is NOT responsible for students before 7:30 A.M. or after 2:30 P.M.
To attend, each student must pay a $25 fee which will provide a t-shirt, a snack, a lunch, and a lanyard for each participant. The fee must be paid through e~funds. Please follow these payment instructions:
- Go to MGMVikings.com
- In the upper left corner, click on e-funds for schools.
- Sign in as a guest.
- Go to "optional fees"
- Choose Montgomery High School donations
- Pay $25 per student for Sink or Swim
- In the description box, type your student's name and SOS 25.00
- Download and save the e-funds receipt. Email the receipt to Sandra Hardegree by clicking below. The Sink or Swim registration will not be confirmed until a copy of the payment is received.
After you have completed the e-funds payment portion, please scroll down and click on the application for Sink or Swim.
If you have any questions, please contact Mrs. Hardegree.